Ricoh Super Shot

A not often seen rangefinder from 1965. It uses a program AE system  (1,7-16 and 1/15-1/500sec.) with only one feedback in the finder, a yellow light for long exposure warning. The film is advanced by the well known Ricoh spring drive; one full tension of the spring gave 12 exposures when the camera was new; mine gives me six to eight frames, but it´s still a joy to hear the sound of the gears!
The camera needs a 1,35V mercury battery. I replaced it with a LR44, a homemade brass spring and a piece of cardboard to hold it in place and get contact. The Polypan film I used at a setting of 100 ASA came out well.
My Ricoh has some problems with the focus accuracy in close distances, but I will hopefully fix this.
The manual is here













3 comments:

  1. If they only had the name they have now. How would it stand with ricoh these days. I remember a half frame camera also with clockwork gear. Still nice to see one again. Thanks for showing and I like the shots you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, the Ricoh Auto Half was a Series of nice spring driven cameras. They are sold for insane prices today, same as teh Canon dial. All of them desireabele cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you get the battery compartment open? Haha.

    ReplyDelete